Are you using Google Apps for your business or considering migrating to it? With growing email threats and stricter compliance norms, it is no longer enough to rely on its built-in email archiving capabilities. Your business needs, a third-party email archiving solution like Vaultastic. Enter the world of advanced email data security, admin and end-user access, assured business continuity, data durability and 24/7 eDiscovery support.
Top benefits of using Vaultastic to archive G Suite emails:
- Vaultastic Google Apps email archiving can be used by domain admins for eDiscovery, for compliance and as a tamper-proof source of data in case of litigation. G Suite archive email Admin can also provide access to the self-service portal to end users to refer to or restore lost email or complete mail-boxes.
- A copy of all the archived mails is maintained at a highly secure data center which is different from the primary mail server storage.
- Administrators and end users themselves can export G Suite archive mail-box contents in EML or PST formats.
- Since we understand your need for space and growth, we offer unlimited storage for our Google Apps email archiving solution.
- All your G Suite archive email data in Vaultastic is safely stored in AWS data centers.
- Analysis of The Personal Data Protection Bill, 2018
- 5 Best Practices When Choosing An Email Archiving Solution For Your Business
- How will GDPR Affect Email Retention?
- Data Privacy Laws in the US: Where Compliance Meets its Purpose
- Vaultastic Update: A new app for easier historical data upload
- Data Privacy Laws in South East Asia
- Make GDPR Compliance easy for Email with Vaultastic
- A 7 Step Guide for Implementing GDPR in your Business
- Impact of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on Indian Businesses
- Vaultastic supports HIPAA Compliance for the healthcare industry
Vaultastic for Google Apps FAQs
- Vaultastic for Google Apps
1. Can I archive emails from G Suite? How to configure G Suite for work domains?
Can I archive emails from G Suite?
Yes. You can archive emails from G Suite (Formerly known as Google Apps).
Vaultastic offers secure email archiving on the cloud for all the mails & attachments for Google Apps for Work.Use Vaultastic to ensure that you have a tamper-proof and read-only copy of the mailboxes hosted on G Suite at a secondary location.
Retrieve each copy of an email from Vaultastic which is deleted from the primary mailbox by mistake or deliberately.
Go thorough the presentation to know How Vaultastic works?
How to configure G Suite for Work domains?
G Suite for Work domain administrators need to configure mail routing rules to forward copies of incoming and outgoing mail of the selected or all users to the Vaultastic servers.
Do we need to deploy any software or database on the G Suite setup?
No. You don’t have to deploy any software or database on the G Suite setup. Use the mail routing feature of G Suite to archive mail from your primary email domain. This forwards mail from the primary email server to the Vaultastic servers.
Is there any plugin or extension to G Suite for Work?
No, the Vaultastic interface is independent of the G Suite end user interfaces. Depending on the rights assigned by the Vaultastic administrators, end users can access their Vaultastic accounts through a simple and secure web interface.
2. Do we need to deploy any software or database on the Google Apps setup?
3. Is there any plugin or extension to Google Apps for Work?
No, the Vaultastic interface is independent of the Google Apps end user interfaces. Depending on the rights assigned by the Vaultastic administrators, end users can access their Vaultastic accounts through a simple and secure web interface.
4. What configuration is needed on the Google Apps for Work domains?
5. Does the Vaultastic admin need to provision users on the Vaultastic domains?
Once you provision your primary domain on Vaultastic for archiving,
* You can enable the Auto User Creation property of your domain to create users automatically.
If a user is not provisioned on Vaultastic, mail meant for the user will not be archived. You can view the list of missing users on your domain in the Vaultastic Missing users Report.
6. Is Cross-domain archiving supported?
Yes. For every primary domain hosted on G Suite a corresponding domain has to be created on Vaultastic.
7. Any special considerations for views in the archiving, retrieval, or deletion processes?
The Vaultastic admin can control the following
1. The access to the Vaultastic accounts
2. The ability to download or export mail from the self service portal
3. The access to the eDiscovery data
Mails once archived in Vaultastic can only be automatically deleted according to the retention policy selected. Neither the end users, nor the admins can delete mails.
User accounts in Vaultastic can be deleted only by users having the senior admin role.
8. Does Vaultastic support message or attachment stubbing?
Vaultastic does not stub the original mail.
A copy of the mail is maintained in the Vaultastic server independent of the primary mail server.
9. How does an end user retrieve mail from Vaultastic?
10. Does Vaultastic maintain the data classification of Google Apps for Work?
To keep the end user interface simple, all mails archived are classified as received (available in the Inbox) or sent (available in the Sent Items) by the user.
Folder structure in the primary account is not replicated to Vaultastic.
11. Why doesn’t Vaultastic support an IMAP connector to Google Apps?
An IMAP access replicates the state of the primary mail box.
The Google Apps connector for Vaultastic stores a copy of every incoming and outgoing mail using mail routing. This ensures that even if emails are deleted from the primary email server, they are intact in Vaultastic.